A curated list of awesome Vagrant resources, plugins, tutorials and other nice things.
- Vagrant site - installation instruction, official manuals and docs.
- GitHub repo - source code, issues discussion and collaboration.
Where to find OS boxes ?
- Vagrantbox.es - the biggest list of all available boxes, maintained by community via GitHub pull requests.
- Vagrant Cloud - config share, boxes distribution and discovery (also premium features of private collaboration and sharing).
- Cloud Images Ubuntu.com - "clean" official Ubuntu cloud images.
- Baseboxes from Opscode - CentOS, Fedora, Debian, FreeBSD, Ubuntu.
- Puppet Labs Vagrant Boxes - these boxes are provided to be used by various Puppet projects.
- Cloudsmith - A fully managed package management SaaS with support for Vagrant repositories (and many others).
- All available build in provisioning providers - official doc.
- Vaprobash - Vagrant Provisioning Bash Scripts.
You can install these modules by this command
vagrant plugin install MODULE-NAME
- List of available Vagrant plugins from GitHub wiki.
- vagrant-vbguest - autoupdate VirtualBox guest additions (according to VB version).
- vagrant-hostsupdater - adds an entry to your /etc/hosts file on the host system.
- vagrant-cachier - share a common package (apt-get, npm, etc.) cache among similar VM instances.
- vagrant-host-shell - a vagrant provisioner to run commands on the host when a VM boots.
- vagrant-ansible-local allow provisioning your VM with ansible playbooks directly from the guest VM.
- sahara - easy manage VM state (commit/rollback while experimenting with software stack).
- vagrant-registration - add "register" and "unregister" capabilities to Vagrant guests for updates on systems with a subscription model(like Red Hat Enterprise Linux).
- vagrant-service-manager - enable easier access to the features and services provided by the Atomic Developer Bundle (ADB).
- vagrant-scp - Copy files to a Vagrant VM via SCP.
Helpers / Tools
- Packer - a tool for creating identical machine images for multiple platforms from a single source configuration. For fast infrastructure deployment with multi-provider portability.
- T.A.D.S. boilerplate - boilerplate to create, develop and deploy a Docker Swarm environment, using Vagrant to reproduce production environment locally.
- Veewee - a tool for easily (and repeatedly) building custom Vagrant base boxes, KVMs, and virtual machine images.
- Vagrant plugin for ZSH shell - auto-complete for commands, task names, box names and built-in documentation.
- CLI Vagrant Manager - simple command-line tool to manage multiple vagrant boxes
- Vagrant Manager for OS X.
To generate Vagrantfile with automated provisioning scripts.
- Phansible - provides an easy to use interface that helps you generate Ansible Playbooks for PHP based projects.
- PuPHPet - a simple GUI to set up virtual machines for PHP Web development.
- Protobox - PuPHPet analog, but uses own installer with YAML configuration format to control everything that is installed on the virtual machine.
- Rove - a service that allows you to pregenerate typical Vagrant builds.
To proxy your local web server and make it publicly available over the internet.
- Vagrant share - allows you to share your Vagrant environment with anyone in the world.
- nip.io - a magic domain name that provides wildcard DNS for any IP address.
- ngrok - tool to create secure tunnels to expose a local server behind a NAT or firewall to the internet.
- serveo - expose local servers to the internet, without installing any client!
- proxylocal.com - proxy your local web-server and make it publicly available over the internet.
- localtunnel.me - assign you a unique publicly accessible url that will proxy all requests to your locally running webserver.
- portmap.io - OpenVPN based free port forwarding solution.
- Getting Started With Vagrant by This Programming Thing.
- Getting started with Vagrant - automated dev servers deploy and provisioning.
- Working with Advanced Vagrant features in PhpStorm.
- Sharing Your Virtual Machine on the Web with Vagrant Share.
- Programming Community Curated Resources for Learning Vagrant
- Vagrant Online Courses at Classpert List of Vagrant Online Courses (free and paid)
- Vagrant: Up and Running by Mitchell Hashimoto.
- Vagrant CookBook by Erika Heidi.
- Pro Vagrant by by Wlodzimierz Gajda.
- Creating Development Environments with Vagrant / 2nd Edition by Michael Peacock
- Vagrant Virtual Development Environment Cookbook by Chad Thompson
Popular readymade environments
- Vagrantpress - development environment for creating and modifying WordPress sites.
- Varying Vagrant Vagrants - An open source Vagrant configuration focused on WordPress development.
- VDD - Vagrant Drupal Development.
- Drupal VM - A VM for local Drupal development, built with Vagrant + Ansible
- Try Yii2 - try Yii2 with Vagrant VM + Ansible provisioning = Complete readymade virtual server playground.
- Laravel4-Vagrant - run Laravel 4 inside a Ubuntu 12.04 Vagrant Virtual Machine w/PHP 5.5.
- OpenStack on Ansible with Vagrant.
- Laravel Homestead - Official Vagrant Box for Laravel development, based on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, PHP 7, Nginx, and multiple database platforms.
- Scotch Box - Simple Vagrant Box with LAMP stack, plus some useful extras, based on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
To the extent possible under law, Ievgen Kuzminov has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.
Contribute to this list: https://github.com/iJackUA/awesome-vagrant