A curated list of awesome projects powered by Apache Wicket
Your contributions are always welcome!
Wicket is an open source, component oriented, serverside, Java web application framework. With a history of over a decade, it is still going strong and has a solid future ahead.
Table of Contents
- Apache Wicket - Wicket official site.
- Wicket on Github - Official mirror of Wicket on GitHub.
- Wicket on Twitter - Official account of Wicket.
- Wicket wiki - Official knowledge base on Wiki about Wicket.
- Build With Wicket - Official Tumblr account of Wicket.
- Wicket User Guide - Wicket user guide for version 7.x.
- Wicket JavaDocs - Wicket JavaDocs for version 7.x.
- Wicket in Action - Blog and book about Wicket.
List of libraries and components which can be used in your application
- JNPM - Java library for JS Node Package Manager(NPM). Provides Wicket resource for transparent obtaining of NPM package and providing required file from it.
- wicket-akka - Integration of Akka for Wicket.
- wicket-autowire - Makes your life easier by automatic creation of component according to provided annotation.
- wicket-bootstrap - Integration of Bootstrap Toolkit for Wicket.
- wicket-console - Lightweight AJAX-enabled web console for runtime execution JS scripts on server side.
- wicket-crudifier - Library to easily create CRUD's with wicket.
- wicket-dnd - Generic Drag&Drop framework for Wicket.
- wicket-extjs-integration - Integration of Wicket with ExtJS with event handling and a focus on making the Java-API as close to the JS-API as possible.
- wicket-jersey - Adapter to run JAR-RX resources on Jersey2 under Wicket.
- wicket-jquery-selectors - Library for working with JQuery and Wicket.
- wicket-jquery-ui - JQuery UI integration in Wicket 1.5.x, Wicket 6.x & Wicket7.x.
- wicket-modelfactory - Wicket-modelfactory is an API to create Wicket PropertyModels in a typesafe and refactoring-safe way.
- wicket-mustache - Provides a specialized panel and some related utilities that enables users to work with Mustache and Wicket.
- wicket-orientdb - Integration of Wicket with OrientDB.
- wicket-requirejs - Helper to use require.js in your Wicket application.
- wicket-source - Speeds up Wicket development by providing click-through from browser HTML back to the original Wicket components in your source.
- wicket-spring-boot - Makes it easy to create Wicket projects with a minimum of configuration effort by using Sprint Boot.
- wicket-webjars - Integration of webjars for Wicket.
WicketStuff based libraries
- Annotation - Mount your pages declarativly by java annotations.
- Annotation Event Dispatcher - Improves events handling in Wicket by annotations.
- Async Tasks - Control a background process within a Wicket application.
- Autocomplete TagIt - TagIt integration with Wicket.
- BrowserId - Mozilla Persona integration with Wicket.
- Console - Provides support for executing code dynamically (at runtime).
- Context - Used to locate components,models and models' objects declaratively with @Context annotation.
- Dashboard - Support of dashboards for Wicket for quick access to required information in widgets.
- DataStores - Collection of various implementation of IDataStore: MemCached, Apache Cassandra, Redis, Hazelcast.
- Datatable Autocomplete - Provides a search data structure known as a Trie that allows AJAX searches on large datasets fast.
- DataTables - DataTables jQuery Plugin Integration.
- Editable Grid - A grid component with add/edit/delete feature all at once, apart from supporting sorting/filtering/paging.
- Eidogo - SGF viewer and editor for GO game (also called baduk, igo or weiqi).
- Facebook - Contains wicket components and behaviors to use the Facebook social plugins with wicket.
- Fast Serializer - Wicket Serializer using the Fast 1.x (FST) library.
- Fast Serializer 2 - Wicket Serializer using the Fast 2.x (FST) library.
- GMap3 - Offers a component to use Google Maps v3 within Wicket applications.
- Google AppEngine Initializer - Provides Wicket's org.apache.wicket.IInitializer implementation that auto-configures the Wicket Application to be runable at Google AppEngine.
- Google Charts - Allows creation of charts using the Google Chart API.
- HTML5 - Contains classes that give wicket support for using exciting new Html5 features.
- HTML Compressor - Integration library for Wicket and htmlcompressor.
- InMethodGrid - Data grid component.
- Java EE Inject - Provides integration through Java EE 5 resource injection.
- JEE Web Integration - Embed Servlet, JSP abd JSF content into wicked HTML pages.
- JqPlot Plugin Integration - Produces beautiful line, bar and pie charts with many features.
- Kryo Serializer - An implementation of org.apache.wicket.serialize.ISerializer for Wicket.
- Kryo2 Serializer - An implementation of org.apache.wicket.serialize.ISerializer for Wicket.
- LazyModel - Type-safe model implementation.
- Lightbox2 Plugin Integration - Simple, unobtrusive script used to overlay images on top of the current page.
- Logback - The home for classes that can help with using wicket and logback together.
- MBeanView - JMX panel, to view and operate the applications mbeans.
- Minis - Collection of assorted components and behaviors that are too small to warrant their own project.
- ModalX - A lightweight extension to Wicket's ModalWindow capabilities that comes with standardized MessageBox class and allows easy definition of Modal dialog box classes.
- OSGI - Lets you use Wicket in OSGi environments.
- Open Layers 3 - Provides a set of components that may be used to add interactive maps to a Wicket application.
- POI - Integrates Wicket projects to Apache POI.
- Progressbar - Provides a progress bar component for Wicket.
- Push - Provides support for Reverse AJAX in Wicket applications and allows them to "push" partial Web page updates to the Web browser.
- Scala Extensions - Improves the syntax of Wicket models when using the Scala programming language.
- Servlet Container Authentication and Authorization - Simplify the integration of wicket-auth-roles with the servlet 3 security container.
- Spring Reference - Can be used to integrate a wicket web application with spring.
- Stateless - Adds a few components that provide more comprehensive stateless features for Wicket.
- TinyMCE Integration - Integration of the well-known TinyMCE WYSIWYG editor in Wicket.
- Twitter - Contains wicket components and behaviors to use the Twitter widgets with wicket.
- UrlFragment - With this you can build bookmarkable AJAX features and still support the back button.
- WHighCharts - Provides WiQuery bindings for HighCharts.
- Whiteboard - Provides a Whiteboard which can be integrated in any wicket application.
- wicket-foundation - Integrates Wicket and Zurb Foundation.
- Wicket Rest Annotations - Provides a special resource class and a set of annotations to implement REST API/services in much the same way as we do it with Spring MVC or with the standard JAX-RS.
- WiQuery - Wicket integration with jQuery and jQuery UI.
- WqPlot - Provides WiQuery bindings for JqPlot.
Web Framework on top of wicket which allow you to build your system easily and smoothly
- Apache Isis - A framework for rapidly developing domain-driven apps in Java.
- BrixCMS - Wicket based CMS (seems to be dead).
- Hippo CMS - Enables enterprises to continuously refine their online business strategy by responding quickly to content performance metrics.
- Nocket - Naked Object based framework for wicket.
- NoWicket - A naked objects framework for Wicket that enables developers to write less boilerplate Wicket code during implementation of complex websites.
- Orienteer - Web framework on top of Wicket and OrientDB to build you own CRM, CMS, ERP, mobile app backend or just common site.
- Vuecket - Web Framework which integrates VueJS and Wicket and most natural way for both of them
- Wicketopia - Rapid Application Development (RAD) library for the Wicket.
End-to-end solution based on wicket and derived Web Frameworks
- eFaps - A list od modules and applications that together form the base of a configurable ERP implementation.
- eHour - Open source time tracking tool.
- Estatio - Open source estate management built on Apache Isis and wicket.
- GeoServer - Open source software server written in Java that allows users to share and edit geospatial data.
- NextReports - Smart business reportins.
- Orienteer - Open source Business Application Platform for implementation of data warehouse, CRM, ERP, app/site backend system and other business apps.
- ProjectForge - Open source software for your project management.
- Yes Cart - Pure e-Commerse platform.
IDE Plugins and Tools
- qwickie - Eclipse plugin for the Java Webframework Wicket
- WicketForge - IDE plugin for IntelliJ IDEA designed to assist developers creating applications using Apache Wicket.
Contribute to this list: https://github.com/PhantomYdn/awesome-wicket