Awesome Static Website Services
A curated list of services for static websites.
Inspired by the awesome list thing.
Table of Contents
- Calendar and Scheduling
- Functions as a Service FaaS
- Related Lists
- SoundCloud - Audio hosting with an embeddable player. Up to 3 hours of content is free.
- Mixcloud - Audio hosting with unlimited uploads and an embeddable player.
- Spotify - You can embed any song, album, or playlist with a Spotify Play Button.
- Google Books - Allows you to display the books in your Google Books Library.
- Goodreads API and widgets - Allows you to access any of the Goodreads data. Widgets are found on the widgets tab on your settings page.
- Open Library Open API — Allows to retrieve book data from the biggest books open dataset on Earth, without any tracking.
Calendar and Scheduling
- Google Calendar - Embeddable calendar that you can collaborate with other people.
- Booking.js - Beautiful embeddable booking widget.
- zenplanner - Paid - Online scheduling for fitness.
- Google Maps - Google maps are easily embeddable.
- Mapbox - Really nice looking embeddable maps.
- uMap - Create and embed personalized maps, based on the great OpenStreetMap dataset.
- Prezi - Online presentations with really transitions that can zoom and rotate.
- Reveal.js - HTML presentation framework.
- Slides.com - A place for creating, presenting and sharing slide decks.
- SpeakerDeck - Upload your slides as a PDF, and get an online, shareable presentation.
- Mux - Paid - An API to play videos directly to the client. Can also power live streams.
- YouTube - Embeddable videos with unlimited uploads.
- Vimeo - Paid - Embeddable videos with no ads.
- Vevo - Embeddable music videos.
- Wistia - Free plan has a limit of 25 videos.
- Codepen - A playground of embeddable front-end code examples.
- JS Bin - Embeddable front-end code examples.
- JSFiddle - Embeddable front-end code examples.
- highlight.js - Syntax highlighting for the web.
Functions as a Service
- 1Backend - Deploy your backend in seconds. Free tier included. Open source.
- AWS Lambda - AWS Lambda lets you run code without provisioning or managing servers. You pay only for the compute time you consume
- Google Cloud Functions - Create single-purpose, stand-alone functions that respond to Cloud events without the need to manage a server or runtime environment
- Webtask by Auth0 - Call code on the server with simple HTTP, easier to set up by far than Lambda or Google's
- Azure Functions - by Microsoft - same premise as Lambda on the Azure cloud
- IronWorkers - by Iron.io - Run code in a multilanguage containerized environment with unlimited scale and simple pricing
- IronFunctions - by Iron.io - IronFunctions is an open source serverless computing platform for any cloud - private, public, or hybrid.
- OpenWhisk by IBM - part of their BlueMix hosting platform, and open source, ties into their Watson AI ecosystem nicely
- StackPath EdgeEngine - Write functions as a service in the language of your choice and deploy them to a global network of data centers. All the networking, including intelligent routing and load balancing, is managed by StackPath over a private backbone.
- Vercel - Vercel lets people write functions as a service in their language of choice and deploy as part of a monorepo.
- Azure Static Web Apps - Full-stack static app hosting including serverless Functions, authentication, CDN and more
- Qoddi - Full stack app hosting with data storage included, similar to Heroku with a developer centric approach. Free to use up to 3 apps.
- Autocode - Autocode turns functions into scalable web services in an instant, no configuration required; serverless hosting available with an in-browser IDE, an API library that’s easy to use, and seamlessly managed authentication.
- FaunaDB - Serverless GraphQL database. Free tier with no time limit. Easily included in Netlify apps.
- Staticman - Staticman is a Node.js application that receives user-generated content and uploads it as data files to a GitHub repository. In practice, this allows you to have dynamic content (e.g. blog post comments) as part of a fully static website, as long as your site automatically deploys on every push to GitHub, as seen on GitHub Pages, Netlify and others.
- Disqus - Easily embeddable comments with nested replies, multiple login methods, and email notifications.
- Facebook Comments - Embeddable comments for your site by Facebook.
- IntenseDebate Comments - Embeddable comments with nested replies, multiple login methods, and email notifications.
- LiveFyre - Real-time comments, SEO-optimized, stocked with social features, and beautiful on both desktop and mobile.
- Redditjs Embed Widget - Embed Reddit comments on your site. If it hasn't been posted, it will show a link to encourage the user to submit.
- Muut.com - Embeddable comments, forum and private messaging. A lot of functionality, but really low footprint left on your website.
- Gitment - Comment system based on GitHub Issues, which can be used in the frontend without any server-side implementation.
- giscus - A comments widget built on GitHub Discussions.
Really Simple Forms
- Formspree - Receive emails from a form on your static website.
- elFormo - Simple form processing and response retrieval via email.
- Flipmail - Simple form processing and response retrieval via email.
- MailThis - Simple form submissions via email with optional attachments.
- Simple Form - Simple forms with optional file attachments, email notifications, and online submission viewing.
- Brisk Forms - Free form submission service emails you responses while keeping your email address private and is open source.
- 99 Inbound - Form endpoint service with email/Slack notifications and third party app integrations (e.g. MailChimp)
- Getform - Form backend platform for designers and developers, with email and integrations.
- HeyForm - Free, easy-to-use drag & drop form maker capable of crafting powerful online forms. Includes 40+ field types, integrations, analytics, and more.
- Form.taxi - Backend to handle form submissions easily and reliably, with email notifications, file uploads and GDPR-compliant data processing.
- Formcarry - Hassle-free HTML form endpoints for your form, powerful dashboard, reliable spam blocking, attachment uploads and Zapier integrations.
- Formcake - The form backend built for developers: Zapier integrations, simple endpoint API, unlimited forms.
- Google Forms - Saves results into Google Sheets and can email you when there is a submission.
- FormKeep - Paid - View form submissions in a beautiful web interface. It has spam filtering and it integrates with webhooks such as Gmail, Trello, and Basecamp.
- 123 Contact Form - Connects to other online services such at MailChimp, Salesforce, and Google Drive. It also integrates with payment Processers and includes security and analytics.
- FormAssembly - Allows you to build any kind of form that can include complex branching logic and multiple pages.
- FormSite - Form builder with payments and form management.
- FormStack - Forms with A/B testing, partial submission, analytics, and integrations.
- Sheetsu - POST and GET your data to Google Spreadsheet.
- Typeform - Awesome forms that can be embedded.
- Wufoo - Free or Paid - Forms that you can build with a form designer, with notifications, reports, and payments.
- Zoho - Forms with file upload and captcha.
- GitHub Issues - This is an interesting way for developers to get comments/questions. See github.com/sindresorhus/ama for an example.
- Utterences - A lightweight comments widget built on GitHub issues.
- FormBackend - Create form-backends and submit your HTML forms to our backend. View the entries online and connect to other services. Receive an email every time a new entry is submitted.
- Pageclip - A flexible server / backend for HTML forms. View your data in the realtime web interface, or use the API to get CSV and JSON output.
- Formester - Forms and email marketing (lead collection, email campaigns, and newsletters) with integrations.
- StaticKit - Modern forms for static sites, with native support for React.
- SheetDB - Turn a Google Spreadsheet into a JSON API.
- Form2Channel - Post your HTML form to Form2Channel to store submissions in Google Sheets and receive them via email, Slack or Telegram. No signups, no costs, no limits.
- reCAPTCHAme - reCAPTCHA and hCAPTCHA token verification service. Post your form to reCAPTCHAme to avoid getting spammed. Made for static websites, no server-side coding required.
Provided by the Host
- Netlify - Netlify comes with built-in form handling.
- jivochat - JivoSite is a professional live chat for websites that was specifically designed to increase your online sales.
- LiveChat - Live chat on your website.
- Olark - Live chat on your website. You can also see who's on your website and what they're doing.
- SnapEngage - Live chat with integrations and custom styles.
- tawk.co - Lets you monitor and chat with visitors on your website.
- WebsiteAlive - Live chat for your website & social networks.
- Zopim - Live chat with free trial.
- MailChimp - Free email marketing. You can pay to add more features.
- Constant Contact - Email marketing with campaigns, autoresponders, and analytics.
- AWeber - Email marketing with campaigns, autoresponders, and analytics.
- Campaign Monitor - Email marketing with campaigns, autoresponders, and analytics.
- MailerLite - Free email marketing. You can pay for more subscribers.
- Pinterest - Pin It Button.
- Twitter - Embedded tweets.
- Facebook - Facebook embedded plugins.
- ShareThis - Sharing buttons for multiple social networks.
- Kontaktify - A contact widget that provides an easy way for visitors to get in touch.
- Google Forms - You can use Google forms for surveys or for forms on your site.
- SurveyMonkey - Easy to use and free surveys.
- Typeform - Really beautiful forms.
- Qualaroo - Embed surveys anywhere on your website that comes up from the bottom right side of the screen.
- Insight Stash - Fast, Simple survey forms.
- Ecwid - Embeddable shopping cart.
- FoxyCart - Add a shopping cart with basic html code.
- Snipcart - Include a few lines of code for a full online shop.
- Gumroad - An all-in-one solution to sell your work.
- Payhip - An embeddable way to sell digital downloads & memberships
- Moltin - Add eCommerce functionality to anything.
- Trolley - Add a popup cart to any website - designed for static & JAMstack sites.
- Commerce Layer - Add enterprise ecommerce to your JAMstack.
- MoneyButton - Website payments and donations using Bitcoin (Satoshi's Vision).
- ShapeShift Shifty Button - Accept payments using various cryptocurrencies.
- lunr.js - Simple full-text search in your browser.
- flexsearch - Next-Generation full text search library for Browser and Node.js
- fuse.js - Powerful, lightweight fuzzy-search library, with zero dependencies
- tinysearch - Tiny, full-text search engine for static websites built with Rust and Wasm
- search-index - A persistent, network resilient, full text search library for the browser and Node.js
- fuzzy - Fuzzy search / filter for browser and node
- Jets.js - Native CSS search engine
Third party integration:
- Google Custom Search Engine - Search your site with a custom Google Search.
- Algolia - Hosted Search API that delivers instant and relevant results from the first keystroke.
- Google Analytics - Freemium web analytics service offered by Google.
- Simple Analytics - 💲 - Simple, clean, and friendly analytics.
- Uthentic - Serverless, passwordless login for static sites in 2 lines of code.
- Sketch Fab - Embeddable 3D content.
To the extent possible under law, Adam Garrett-Harris has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.
Contribute to this list: https://github.com/agarrharr/awesome-static-website-services