The curated list of awesome things related to Minecraft.
Minecraft is a sandbox video game developed by Mojang. The game allows players to build with a variety of different blocks in a 3D procedurally generated world, requiring creativity from players. Other activities in the game include exploration, resource gathering, crafting, and combat.
- Mod Loaders
- Server Plugins
- Resource Packs
- Shader Packs
- Web Applications
- Official Minecraft Wiki - Minecraft Wiki is a complete resource for Minecraft, including gameplay, blocks, crafting, updates, events, mods, running a server, and resource packs.
- Chinese Minecraft Wiki - The Chinese Minecraft Wiki is an official wiki of Minecraft, covering detailed tutorials on crafting, blocks, creatures and even PE versions.
- wiki.vg - Technical Minecraft wiki.
- Minecraft Forums - Official community forums, a great place to talk about the game.
- Planet Minecraft - Creative community fansite.
- Minecraft Chinese Forum - Largest Chinese players community of Minecraft.
- MCArchive - Archives old, lost and forgotten Minecraft mods. Various other mods and stuff can be found on their Discord.
- Minecraft Archive Project - Huge archive containing Minecraft mods, worlds, resource packs and many other resources (even forum posts!).
- MCVersions - Archives most Minecraft jars.
- BetaCraft Archive - Archives some missing Minecraft server jars.
- MCPC+ Archive - Archive with some MCPC+ versions.
- CraftBukkit Archive - Archives many CraftBukkit versions.
- Minecraft Forge - Modifications to the Minecraft base files to assist in compatibility between mods.
- Quilt - A powerful fork of the Fabric project.
- Fabric - A lightweight, experimental modding toolchain for Minecraft.
- liteloader - A lightweight mod loader for Minecraft designed to provide simple, high-performance and reliable loader functionality for mods which don't need to modify game mechanics.
- Rift - A Mod Loader for 1.13-1.13.2 (even Snapshots).
- Meddle - Everything related to modding 1.9/1.10 snapshots in one place.
- RopeMC - A lightweight, reflection based mod loader which aims to be user friendly and later version independent.
- Optifine - OptiFine is a Minecraft optimization mod.
- BetterFps - BetterFps is a Minecraft mod that add a few performance improvements.
- Sodium (for Fabric) - A Fabric mod designed to improve frame rates and reduce micro-stutter.
- Iris (for Fabric) - A Fabric mod which is based upon Sodium to add Shader support.
- OptiFabric - A Fabric mod to allow Optifine to run using Fabric loader.
Skins And Capes
- Custom Skin Loader - Custom Skin Loader for Minecraft.
- Universal Skin Mod - A Minecraft Forge Mod allows players load custom skin & cape textures.
- Journey Map - Real-time mapping in game or in a web browser as you explore.
- VoxelMap - Formerly known as Zan's Minimap, providing basic map and radar functionality.
- Just Enough Items (JEI) - JEI is an item and recipe viewing mod for Minecraft, built from the ground up for stability and performance.
- Bibliocraft - Bibliocraft is a storage and organizational mod that began as a single bookcase and has expanded to so much more.
- /dank/null - A storage mod of unreal proportions which nobody really gets. The max tier /dank/null object holds 54 slots of items which each can hold 2.14 billion items!
- Tinkers Construct - Tinkers' Construct is a mod about putting tools together in a wide variety of ways, then modifying them until they turn into something else.
- Immersive Engineering - Immersive Engineering is a tech mod with a certain charm, based on the ideas and concepts, and with most assets created by Damien Hazard.
- Botania - Botania is a tech mod in essence. The theme is natural magic.
- Thermal Foundation + Dynamics + Expansion - A server-friendly and content-rich blend of magic and technology! Title is three different mod names, but of the same series and usually played together.
- Railcraft - Greatly expand and improve the Minecart system in Minecraft.
- Actually Additions - Actually Additions is a technology mod that adds various utilities like multitools, item magnets, atomic reconstructors and so on.
- Applied Energistics 2 - A Minecraft Mod about Matter, Energy and using them to conquer the world. Mainly focused on item storage.
- Draconic Evolution - One of the best tech mod there is, but really overpowered in the late game. Adds things like a Draconic Power Core which no one has been able to fill yet...
- Ender IO - A large ender themed mod, that just adds lots of new fun things.
- Galacticraft - A mod that adds rockets and new planets to explore. Expandable with addons.
- OpenComputers - OpenComputers is a mod that adds computers and robots into the game, which can be programmed in Lua 5.3.
- ComputerCraft - Adds computers based on Lua (5.2 and 5.3) into Minecraft.
- WarpDrive - Adds Star Trek and other franchise like ships, weapons, transporters and so on into the game. Also adds new planets (dimensions).
Farming And Food
- Pam's HarvestCraft - Pam's HarvestCraft is a mod for Minecraft that currently adds many kinds of crops and food.
- AgriCraft - A mod that adds a more sophisticated crop system, like the ability to have genetic mutations and also adds more crops.
- Bonsai Trees - Adds essentially mini tree farms which are one block big.
- Ex Nihilo: Creatio - A great mod for skyblocks, it filters things like sand and gravel for useful resources like iron and diamond, compatible with lots of mods.
- RFTools - RFTools is a mod containing various tools that are related to RF (Redflux) or technology in general.
- Extreme Reactors - Adds nuclear reactors with the fictional fuel 'yellorium'. A carry on of the original Big Reactors.
- Zetta Industries - A mod which adds the main multiblock of a big battery.
- Applied Energistics 2 - A Minecraft Mod about Matter, Energy and using them to conquer the world.
- AbyssalCraft - AbyssalCraft is a magic mod centered around exploration.
- Astral Sorcery - This is a magic mod based on the stars, and harnessing the powers of starlight and the constellations.
- Avaritia - Avaritia is a mod with a really long progression tree, but really overpowered in the late game. Its soul purpose is to drag the endgame gameplay to extreme lengths.
- Blood Magic - This is a magic mod based on blood. Beware, you die a lot.
- TNTUtils - More control over explosions in Minecraft.
- Akashic Tome - A mod based on Morph-o-Tool, which mainly gives the ability to merge different mods' documentation books.
- AppleSkin - This mod does not change any existing mechanics, but simply makes the existing hunger saturation and exhaustion levels visible in the default GUI.
- Attribute Fixer - This mod fixes the attribute system in Minecraft which handles things like armour points, because many other mods are inadvertantly affected by a limit in this system.
- Diet Hopper - This mod modifies the way Minecraft calculates the collision boxes of the hopper, so that you can access any visible blocks behind it.
- FoamFix - Fixes various aspects of the Minecraft code, generally making the game faster.
- WTHIT - Shows the block currently looked at (Newer version of Hwyla).
- Hwyla - Shows the block currently looked at (Newer version of Waila).
- WorldInfo - Shows the block currently looked at (Waila for Rift).
- Waila - Shows the block currently looked at (The original Waila project).
- Block Helper - Shows the block currently looked at (Legacy alternative of Waila for older Minecraft versions than 1.6).
- ArmorPlus - This mod literally adds tons of armors to the game, and different ways of crafting them.
- Baubles - This mod adds seven new slots to the player inventory which can be fitted with various items like amulets, belts, rings and so on added by other mods.
- Aroma1997's Dimensional World - This mod adds one extra dimension, with the intended purpose of mining, meaning the Overworld will not be filled up with things like Buildcraft quarry holes anymore etc.
- Twilight Forest - Adds a new twilight forest dimension with new sturctures, bosses, and quests to complete.
- Carpenter's Blocks - This mod adds new blocks such as slants and corners which can be made to look like any other block in the game! Extremely useful for artistic builds. (For 1.12+ see BlockCraftery)
- Chisel - This mod adds multiple new textures to lots of blocks in the game, adding a wide variety of textures. (For editing units smaller than blocks see Chisel and Bits.)
- WorldEdit - WorldEdit is an open source in-game map editor available for Bukkit, Forge, MinecraftEdu, and many other platforms.
- FAWE - Stands for Fast Async WorldEdit. Based upon WorldEdit, it is simply faster, and adds lots more tools (i.e. brushes) to work with.
- AntiCheatReloaded - AntiCheatReloaded helps server admins easily identify and block malicious users by monitoring and analyzing the behaviour of their players.
- ViaVersion - Allows the connection of newer clients to older server versions for Minecraft servers.
- AdvancedKitsReloaded - AdvancedKitsReloaded is a Kit managing plugin for Minecraft servers which runs Bukkit, CraftBukkit, Spigot and Paper (>1.8). With this plugin you can easily create/edit/delete your kits and you can customize it as much as you'd like.
- WorldGuard - WorldGuard lets you and players guard areas of land against griefers and undesirables, as well as tweak and disable various gameplay features of Minecraft.
- CraftBook - CraftBook lets you create magically extending bridges, compact Redstone circuits, complex Minecart mechanics, and much more — all without a client mod and fully customizable by the server.
- BDCraft - Various comic-style resource and sound packs, even for many mods, Bedrock Edition, and Terraria!
- LB Photo Realism Reload - Successor of the LB Photo Realism texture pack making Minecraft look more realistic.
- Default Dark Mode - Dark Mode for the default Minecraft UIs!
- Cyber Optics - Sci-Fi resource pack.
- Soartex - Smooth resource pack with mod support.
- Faithful - Smooth textures for a furbished default look.
- BetterVanillaBuilding - Adds loads of new blocks with connected textures in optifine.
- Continuum - A realistic shader pack.
- Chocapic13 - A realistic and configurable shader pack.
- Sonic Ether - Pathracing and other realistic shader packs.
- Sildur - Shader packs even implementing Minecraft 1.16's built-in API.
- Potato - A very lightweight shader pack for older or restrained PCs.
- ESBE 2G - A shader pack for Bedrock Edition.
- Blessing Skin Server - A web application brings your custom skins back in offline Minecraft servers.
- yoshino - A lite & fast Minecraft skin server, written in php. (Live Demo)
- WorldEdit Golf - Challenge others in a competition to use WorldEdit in as few commands as possible.
- Paper - Miscellaneous patches for Spigot and BungeeCord providing better performance and more configuration options.
- Glowstone - Formerly known as Spout and BukkitContrib. Spigot Server alternative written from scratch with performance similar to Paper.
- Spigot - CraftBukkit's successor providing support for the Bukkit API.
- Sponge - Minecraft Server providing support for the Sponge API and is extensible to the Forge API and Bukkit API.
- Mohist - A server implementing the Forge and Bukkit API.
- Thermos - A server implementing the Forge and Bukkit API for 1.7.10.
- KCauldron - A server implementing the Forge and Bukkit API for 1.7.10.
- Cauldron - Formerly known as MCPC+. The original server implementing the Forge and Bukkit API.
- PowerNukkit - A powerful fork of Nukkit.
- Cloudburst/NukkitX/Nukkit - A Bedrock Edition Server providing support for plugins supporting the Nukkit API.
- PocketMine - A Bedrock Edition Server providing support for basic plugins.
- CraftLib - Complete Kotlin / Java library for wrapping the entire Minecraft codebase, including protocol, NBT, schematics, chat and more.
- MCProtocolLib - A simple library for communicating with a Minecraft client/server, written in Java.
- node-minecraft-protocol - A NodeJS library to parse and serialize minecraft packets, plus authentication and encryption.
- go-mcproto - Minecraft server communication protocol implementation written in Go that allows you to program your own bots.
- Minecraft Command Helper - A WPF Program about generate Minecraft Command (with NBT data). (Windows Only)
- Minecraft Command Science - Several Minecraft vanilla JSON generators.
- Amidst - Display an overview of a Minecraft world, without actually creating it.
- MultiMC - A custom launcher for Minecraft that allows you to easily manage multiple installations of Minecraft at once.
- HMCL - A powered Minecraft launcher that supports a lot of features.
- FML Mod Development Tutorial - (Chinese) Minecraft 1.8.9 FML Mod Development Tutorial.
- Tabula - Minecraft Mod that faciliates creating 3D Models.
- Mod Coder Pack - Tool for properly decompiling Minecraft.
- BON 2 - A rewrite of the Bearded Octo Nemesis project with support for ForgeGradle.
- Bearded Octo Nemesis - Tool for deobfuscating with support for SRG mappings and especially the Mod Coder Pack.
Contribute to this list: https://github.com/bs-community/awesome-minecraft