This list is a curated collection of awesome resources, tools, tutorials and projects using the PlayCanvas engine to help developers make awesome games and visualizations.
Contributions very welcome but first see Contributing.
- Extensions and Utilities
- Technical Demos
- Interactive Experiences
- Browser Games
- IO Games
- Messenger Games
- Product Configurators
- Editor - Browser-based, real-time collaborative WebGL Editor.
- Engine - Full source to the PlayCanvas run-time licensed under MIT.
- glTF Viewer - glTF 2.0 compliant model viewer.
- NPM Package - Node.js packages of the PlayCanvas engine run-time.
- PCUI - Open source front-end framework used by the PlayCanvas toolset.
- Reference - API reference manual for the engine run-time.
- User Manual - PlayCanvas user guide.
- Create a Bowling Game - Create a physics-based bowling game.
- Create a Space Shooter - Recreate Asteroids in this Tutsplus tutorial.
- MDN tutorial - Build up a basic demo with PlayCanvas.
- Official Tutorials - Large collection of official PlayCanvas tutorials.
- PlayCanvas and Substance - Creating high-end artwork for vehicle configurators with PlayCanvas and Substance.
- Playing in Canvas - Pirron One's PlayCanvas themed blog.
- Rescue the Lunar Lander - Tutorial to make a simple physics based game.
- Solar Games Mentorship - Premium PlayCanvas training and mentorship services.
- Video Tutorials - YouTube playlist for short PlayCanvas tutorials.
Extensions and Utilities
- 8th Wall - Markerless AR runtime.
- playcanvas-ar - Marker-based AR solution built on ARTollkit.
- playcanvas-node - REST API wrapper for Node.js.
- playcanvas-p2.js - An integration with the p2.js 2D physics engine.
- playcanvas-spine - Spine plugin for PlayCanvas for 2D animations.
- playcanvas-tween - Officially supported tween animation plugin.
- playcanvas-vue - A PlayCanvas integration with Vue.js.
- Pirron One - Editor externsions implementing post effects, terrain creation and more.
- Sublime Completions - Sublime Text Autocompletion for the PlayCanvas API.
- After the Flood - Collaboration with Mozilla to promote WebGL 2.
- Casino - Physically rendered 3D casino environment.
- Global Illumination - GI approximation using interpolated lightmaps.
- Seemore - Collaboration with ARM to promote mobile WebGL.
- Sponza - Run-time lightmapped Sponza environment.
- Star-Lord - First ever PBR demo from PlayCanvas.
- Steampunk Slots - Physically rendered slots machine.
- Adidas ZX Game - Branded rhythm action game (German).
- Ally Racing - Retro NASCAR racing adver-game for Ally Bank.
- Call of Duty: Gunsmith - Promotional 3D experience themed on Call of Duty.
- Cyber City - Promotional site for Visionaries777.
- DOOH Invaders - World's largest Space Invaders clone unveiled at Cannes Lions.
- Fatal System Error - Interactive opera experience created by Dumbworld from the Royal Opera House.
- How Not To Suck At Money - Educational game from Invesco about personal finance.
- Life During COVID-19 - Virtual art exhibition from charity Family for Every Child.
- MMX Racing - Interactive 3D ad for a popular mobile game.
- Party Space - Virtual events platform.
- Pocketverse - Procedurally generated star systems.
- Ride Along 2 - Using WebGL to promote a Hollywood movie release.
- Rugby World Cup - Promoting the Rugby World Cup in London's Piccadilly Circus.
- Wild Rift - Solve the puzzle to unlock a League of Legends: Wild Rift character.
- Beyond Bionic: Extreme Encounters - Outdoor adventures in this game from the BBC.
- Bubble Tower 3D - Old school bubbleshooter game.
- Bus Parking 3D - Park the bus in the designated space before the timer runs out.
- Cannon Balls 3D - Use the cannon to destroy the various structures in this physics-based game.
- Continental Marble Adventure - Marble game for Continental's 150 year anniversary.
- Curve Ball 3D - 3D pong game.
- Disney's Hour of Code - Moana - Learn programming fundamentals with Disney's Moana.
- Euro Penalty Cup 2021 - Try to hit the goal and outsmart the goalkeeper.
- Flappy Bird - Guide the bird through as many pipes as possible.
- Galaxies: Combat - Carefully select power ups to defeat waves of hostile ships.
- Garden Bloom - Garden themed 2D match 3 game.
- Garden Match 3D - 3D match 3 game.
- Geometry Run - Stylized endless runner built from geometric shapes.
- Hoop Royale - Maneuver the ring around the ball.
- Lego Jurassic World: Off-road Race - Dinosaurs, LEGO and vehicle stunts.
- Mahjong World - 3D Mahjong puzzle game.
- Megopoly - Free to play casual strategy board game where you invest in virtual property.
- Monopoly - The classic boardgame recreated in a 3D video game.
- Nitro Knights - Futuristic jousting game.
- Om Nom Run - Endless runner.
- Orbital Survival - Destroy wave after wave of enemies on a tiny world.
- Slice Rush - Take the knife and chop your way through the kitchen.
- Stack Smash - Destroy all platforms to get to the ground and win.
- Star Stable - Character registration portal for popular horse game.
- Stickman Climb - Physics based puzzle game.
- TNT Bomb - Destroy buildings and structures with explosive power ups.
- SWOOOP - Pick up gems in a bi-plane above a magical island.
- Town Star - Online farming game built by the Creative Director of Farmville 2.
- Virtual Voodoo - Voodoo doll simulator.
- Bullet Bonanza - Fast paced, high fidelity, 3D Multiplayer FPS game from Kiloo.
- Fields of Fury - Capture the flag set during WW2.
- Ink Wars - Paint faster than your opponents to win the round.
- Mini Royale: Nations - Battle Royale first person shooter.
- Robostorm - Frenetic online multiplayer mech battle game.
- Rollem - Guide your hamster to the end of the obstacle course in the fastest time.
- Tank Royale - Cartoony fast-paced top-down multiplayer shooter.
- TANX - Online multiplayer tank battle game.
- Venge - 3D Multiplayer FPS shooter.
- Snap Games Support - Snapchat's gaming platform powered by PlayCanvas.
- Archery 3D - Archery simulator.
- GameBytes - Multiplayer games for iMessage.
- Golden Boot - Penalty kick game.
- Hoop Master - Head to head basketball game.
- Master Archer - Shoot the fruit from the top of Bob's head.
- Airstream Basecamp - Travel trailer visualizer.
- Bennington Pontoon Boats - Boat configurator.
- BMW Car Design - Interactive exploration of BMW design.
- BMW i4 M50 Showcase - Blog article that embeds a technical overview of the new i4.
- BMW i8 - Car visualizer.
- DAB Motors - Motorcycle configurator.
- Indian Motorcycles - Motorcycle configurator.
- Infiniti Experience - Explore the 2020 Infiniti range (Chinese).
- Kia Virtual Experience - Explore Kia's latest line of cars.
- Mercedes AMG GT C - Car visualizer.
- Nissan Ariya - Explore Nissan's Arriya in 3D (Japanese - requires sign in).
- Polaris RZR - Off-road vehicle configurator.
- 3D Plans - Virtual tours and interactive maps for the property market.
- Amisco Furniture - Interactive 3D furniture configurator.
- Aritco Home Lifts - Elevator configurator.
- Cibes Lifts - Elevator configurator.
- Elfa Closets - Closet configurator.
- Fjällräven Kånken - Backpack configurator.
- iPhone 6 - iPhone visualizer.
- Montblanc - Product visualizer for Montblanc pens, watches, wallets and headphones.
- My Sliding Wardrobe - Closet configurator.
- Renewal by Andersen Windows - Window configurator.
- WFI - Workstation configurator.
- Willab Gardens Greenhouses - Greenhouse configurator.
- Orange Room - A highly realistic interior environment demonstrating room-scale VR.
- Neon Bubblegum - Demo scene style WebXR-based homepage from Karsten Weil.
- Raw: Paralympics XR - Webby 2022 nominated WebXR 360 video experience.
- WebXR Lab - Sandbox for VR interaction experiments.
- Aritelia - Open world social MMO with sandbox building and collectable NFTs.
- Doge Temple - Online microverse devoted to Dogecoin.
- The Crypt - Gallery for rare art and collectibles.
- RareRooms - 3D virtual rooms for NFT collections.
Please see CONTRIBUTING for details.
Contribute to this list: https://github.com/playcanvas/awesome-playcanvas