VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.
This is a list of awesome resources about VLC and LibVLC.
- videolan.org - Where it all starts.
- LibVLC API docs - Docs for LibVLC's engine. C APIs.
- Wiki - Lots of great info on here.
- Code & Bug tracker - Recently moved from Trac, contains a lot of valuable info on bugs and feature requests.
- CLI flags - A comprehensive list of all VLC commandline flags. Really useful for searching random flags that you come across in the wild.
VLC native plugins
- vlc-pause-click-plugin - Plugin for VLC that pauses/plays video on mouse click.
- vlc-tip-plugin - TIP (translate it, please) is a plugin for VLC media player that helps you to study languages by watching videos.
- vlc-bittorrent - A bittorrent plugin for VLC.
- vlc-plugin-marker - The marker plugin provides you the ability to mark important sections of a video. These sections can be viewed later without the need to search for it in the entire video.
- vlc-win10smtc - Plugin that integrates VLC Media Player with Windows 10 System Media Transport Controls (SMTC).
- vlc-mixer - Audio mixer VLC plugin written in Zig.
VLC lua extensions
- VideoLAN addons website - VideoLAN addons website.
- vlc-delete - VLC extension to remove videos from the hard disk.
- TraktForVLC - Automatically trakt.tv what you're watching on VLC.
- playlist-youtube-vlc - Lua plugin to parse Youtube playlists.
- vlc-super-skipper - Automatically Skip Opening and Ending Sequences.
- VLC desktop - The original Desktop app running on Linux/Windows (Qt) and macOS (Cocoa).
- VLC iOS - VLC for iOS is the official port of VLC on the iOS/tvOS platforms.
- VLC Android - VLC for Android, Android TV and ChromeOS.
- VLC Benchmark (Beta) - Video decoding and rendering benchmark tool, based on VLC.
- VLCKit - The libvlc bindings for macOS, iOS, iPadOS and tvOS in Objective-C.
- libvlcjni - The libvlc bindings for the Android platform.
- vlc-unity - Unity3D integration for VLC.
- python-vlc - Python vlc bindings.
- vlcj - Java framework for the vlc media player (desktop).
- LibVLCSharp - Cross-platform .NET/Mono bindings for LibVLC.
- libvlc-go - Go bindings for libVLC and high-level media player interface.
- libvlcpp - C++ bindings for libvlc.
- vlc.js (beta) - WebAssembly support for LibVLC.
- flutter_vlc_player - Flutter bindings to LibVLC.
- dart_vlc - Dart bindings for libvlc.
- WebChimera.js - Electron bindings for libvlc.
- HLS Record tutorial - How to record an HLS stream with LibVLCSharp and .NET Core.
- RTSP mosaic tutorial - Cross-platform RTSP Mosaic views with LibVLCSharp.
- MediaElement tutorial - VLC Media Player control in Xamarin Forms.
- Stack Overflow - LibVLC - LibVLC on Stack Overflow.
- Stack Overflow - VLC - VLC on Stack Overflow.
- Mailing Lists - VideoLAN developer mailing lists.
- IRC - The VideoLAN IRC information.
- Forum - The official VideoLAN forum.
- LibVLC Discord - The official LibVLC Community Discord Server.
- Twitter - The official VideoLAN Twitter account.
- Reddit - Unofficial VLC community on Reddit.
Contributions are welcome!
Contribute to this list: https://github.com/mfkl/awesome-vlc