Awesome JSON Datasets
A curated list of awesome JSON datasets that don't require authentication.
Link of the month: Awesome Stacks by StackShare
Sponsored link: Front End Developer Jobs
- GitHub API
- Historical Events
- Nobel Prize
- TV Shows
- Open Source Licenses
- More Awesome Lists
Pro Tip: Check out Cryptocurrency Market Capitalizations for more cryptocurrency prices.
- Global Temperature Anomaly (1880-2015 vs. 1901-2000 Average)
- US Annual Average Temperature and Anomaly (1880-2015 (vs. 1901-2000 Average)
- Contiguous US Annual Precipitation (1895-2015)
- Magic: The Gathering
Protip: https://mtgjson.com lists many more Magic: The Gathering card data sets, as well as zipped versions of all sets.
- Department of Justice
- Scottish Parliament
Pro Tip: you can do a lot more at http://parliamentdata.ca/
- Government of India
Pro Tip: At https://datos.gob.es/ you can filter all kinds of public Spanish data. From universities to local and regional government institutions.
Pro Tip: You can change
end_datein URL to get events in a specific interval. More options here.
Pro Tip: you can do a lot more at http://httpbin.org.
- ISS Current Location
- How Many People Are In Space Right Now
- Earth Meteorite Landings
- Near-Earth Asteroids and Comets (Discovered By NEOWISE)
Open Source Licenses
- OSI Approved
- Special Purpose
Become an OSI member here
Pro Tip: Link to country list Here
Pro Tip: you can append
.jsonto any subreddit url.
Heads up: Only works for US airports only, not international.
- Mr. Robot (USA)
- Better Call Saul (AMC)
- Homeland (Showtime)
- Silicon Valley (HBO)
- The Walking Dead (AMC)
- South Park (Comedy Central)
- Game of Thrones (HBO)
- House of Cards (Netflix)
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS)
- Narcos (Netflix)
- Black Mirror (Netflix)
- Stranger Things (Netflix)
- Rick and Morty (Adult Swim)
- Westworld (HBO)
Pro Tip: replace the field-value for a show not listed e.g.
shows?q=show-name. More options here
- Rick and Morty
Pro Tip: More options at https://rickandmortyapi.com/
More Awesome Lists
- Awesome (The OG List)
- Help Wanted (Open Source projects looking for Help)
- JSON (Libraries and Resources)
- WPO (Web Performance Optimization)
- Shell (CLI Frameworks, Toolkits and Guides)
- Public APIs (JSON APIs for use in web dev, some of which require authentication)
- Public Datasets (Datasets beyond just JSON)
- Style Guides (Programming Languages, Platforms, Frameworks)
If you want to contribute, please read the contribution guidelines.
To the extent possible under law, MaxCDN has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.
Contribute to this list: https://github.com/jdorfman/awesome-json-datasets