A curated list of WebXR links and resources.
WebXR comprises a group of standards that allow browsers to access virtual and augmented reality devices, enabling developers to create immersive content that's easily accessible online without the need for installations or storefront curation.
- Standout Projects
- Companies and Cooperatives
- Content Hubs
- Learning Resources
- Social Spaces
Impressive and notable WebXR projects.
- Hello WebXR - Made to commemorate the release of the WebXR 1.0 API, showcases some of what's possible with WebXR.
- Moonrider - A rhythm game built by Supermedium similar to Beat Saber.
- Dudes! - A 3D voxel engine built by Daniel Esteban. Features WebXR support, physics, pathfinding, a multiplayer-enabled VR sculpting mode, and more.
- Plockle - A spatial block puzzle game with over 40 levels.
- Castle Builder - A collaborative and cross-platform castle-building game utilizing a unique Unity-to-three.js pipeline.
- Prehistoric Domain - A Jurassic Park-esque experience in the browser, with multiple dinosaur exhibits available and more planned for the future.
Projects centered around artistic creations.
- Brushwork VR - A VR app that simulates the process of painting with a virtual canvas, palette, color mixing, and more.
- SoulPaint - A VR app that provides you with 3D drawing tools and a virtual body to illustrate lived experiences.
- Obscura - Float around and explore a structure inspired by the architecture of Carlo Scarpa.
- Silk Brush - A port of Tilt Brush to WebXR with plans for future extensions.
- VARTISTE - A VR app for 2D drawing and image editing, and 3D model texturing.
Projects centered around audio and audiovisual experiences.
- beats - A semi-collaborative app with various rooms where anyone can create or modify an existing musical loop.
- Cybr - Offers a platform for live immersive listening parties. The recorded portions of their first listening party are still available to view.
- Fathom VR - A WebXR version of the music discovery app Fathom, which lets you search for and explore clouds of related artists with spatialized audio.
- Helicon - An immersive introduction to polyrhythms.
- TRACK - A linear ride through an immersive audiovisual experience developed by Little Workshop.
Resources for creating and utilizing 3D avatars in immersive experiences.
- Exokit Avatars - A web-based avatar system that can load humanoid avatars in multiple different model formats and features arm+leg IK, facial animation via visemes, and more. The original repo is no longer maintained, but there is a more up-to-date fork available here.
- ReadyPlayerMe - Lets you quickly and easily create a 3D avatar online that you can download in glTF format.
- VRoid - Lets you create anime-styled 3D avatars that export to the highly-compatible .vrm format.
Where WebXR developers gather, ask questions, share projects, etc.
- Metaverse Makers Discord - Official server for M3, the Metaverse Makers Mastermind group.
- WebXR Discord - Official Discord server for all things WebXR, with over 1000 members.
- WebXR Francophone Discord - French-speaking Discord server for WebXR.
- Wonderland Engine Discord - Wonderland Engine Discord server.
- XR Foundation Discord - Official server for XR Foundation, responsible for XREngine and various other metaverse-related projects.
- Zesty Market Discord - Official server for Zesty Market.
- Immersive Web - Oldest WebXR-related group, originally made for WebVR.
- WebXR - Slightly newer WebXR-centric group.
- WebXR Korea - Korean WebXR group created by Belivvr.
- WebXR Paris - Companion to the WebXR Paris group on Meetup.
- Babylon.js Forum - Official Babylon.js forum.
- three.js Forum - Official three.js forum.
- PlayCanvas Forum - Official PlayCanvas forum.
- r/WebVR - Initially the main subreddit for WebVR discussion, now features general WebXR content along with r/WebXR.
- r/WonderlandEngine - Wonderland Engine subreddit.
Companies and cooperatives
Companies and cooperatives centered around/doing work in WebXR.
- Active Replica - Offers virtual event hosting through Mozilla Hubs.
- Active Theory - Developed the Dreamwave platform.
- Aircards - WebAR advertising/marketing agency.
- Hatsumi - A design studio developing experiences at the intersection of healthcare and art.
- Immers Space - A Distributed Cooperative Organization (DisCO) focused on enabling open and federated immersive web content.
- Laguna Labs - Immersive web tech agency.
- Playko Software - VR/AR/WebXR agency and WebXR game development studio.
- REM5 - Digital immersive experience design studio specializing in education and social equity initiatives.
- Sketchfab - 3D model marketplace that offers a VR previewer.
- Third Axis - A design studio based in NYC that creates 3D, AR, and VR content on the web.
- Vhite Rabbit - Parent company behind Construct Arcade.
Sites dedicated to gathering, indexing, and publishing WebXR content.
- 2WSZ - An aggregator for WebXR content featuring ratings, a recommendation system, and both English and Korean language support.
- Construct Arcade - A curated hub of WebXR games, with games from both outside developers and in-house developers at Vhite Rabbit.
- Extended Collection - Another curation hub for WebXR content maintained by Joseph Simpson.
- XR Swim - An aggregator site for both WebXR and Web3 content.
- XRSites - An aggregator for WebXR games and experiences.
The tools that make WebXR content possible.
Ethereal Engine - A full stack MMO engine built on three.js and bitECS with support for WebXR.
Godot - A cross-platform, open-source engine with WebXR support as of version 3.2.4.
nunuStudio - A multiplatform, open-source engine built on three.js that can be used natively or in the browser.
PlayCanvas - A browser-based WebGL engine with support for WebXR content, mobile browsers, collaborative editing, and more.
Unity - A highly popular game engine with community packages that enable content to be exported for WebXR.
Wonderland Engine - A development platform designed specifically for building WebXR applications.
Frameworks and Libraries
JanusWeb - An in-browser implementation of JanusVR that lets you build social VR experiences.
LÖVR - A Lua-based framework that lets you create VR content across web and native platforms.
p5.xr - An add-on for the library p5.js that allows you to create immersive p5 sketches.
Spaces VR - A front end framework for quickly creating VR websites built on react-three-fiber.
- Verge3D - A toolkit that allows 3D artists to export their scenes and create immersive web experiences with ease.
WebXR E-Commerce platforms.
- Ozone Universe - Virtual enterprise platform for meetings, marketing, and e-commerce.
- VR Cybershop - Virtual storefront for Rebuff Reality.
Courses and tutorials for creating WebXR content.
- Learn A-Frame (VR) - A roughly 6-hour Codecademy course written in partnership with A-Frame.
- babylon.js Guided Learning - Detailed text and video tutorials that complement the other instructional pages in the documentation.
Projects focused on creating social spaces for users to gather and/or collaborate in.
- Dreamwave - A web-based platform for hosting scalable virtual events. Powered the virtual music festival Secret Sky 2021.
- Emerald City - A virtual event space developed by Hub Culture.
- FRAME - A platform focused on enabling easy 3D collaborations in a virtual space.
- Hubs - Mozilla's platform for enabling users to gather and collaborate virtually.
- Raspberry Dream Land - A progressive WebXR events platform focused on inclusivity, radical self-expression, and virtual relationships.
Projects at the intersection of WebXR and crypto/blockchain technologies.
- 3XR - A project by microchipgnu that has integrated with Mintbase to create virtual galleries for NFT artwork on NEAR.
- glry.xyz - A site that hosts virtual galleries for NFT art on the Tezos blockchain.
- oncyber - Offers both free and collectible gallery spaces to display NFTs across multiple different chains.
- RareRooms - Allows you to create immersive NFT galleries with support for multiple different chains/marketplaces.
- Zesty Market - A marketplace for rentable NFT banner spaces in XR. As of Nov 9, 2021, has generated over $3K for WebXR developers since July 2021.
- Cryptovoxels - A virtual world powered by Ethereum where players can buy land, build stores, display art, and more.
- Somnium Space Web - A web viewer that allows you to explore parcels from Somnium Space in your browser, with VR support on the Oculus Quest browser.
- vrland - A platform for gathering and virtual showcases that supports displaying of NFTs.
- Webaverse - An open-source virtual world powered by Ethereum with support for custom avatars. Focused on digital ownership, an open economy, and interoperability.
YouTube channels with a heavy focus on WebXR.
- M3 - Official M3 channel.
- Sorskoot - Tutorials and other WebXR related content.
- WebXR - Official WebXR channel.
- WebXR Summit Series - Contains clips, VODs, and other videos from the WebXR Summit Series.
- Wonderland Engine - Official Wonderland Engine channel.
Contribute to this list: https://github.com/msub2/awesome-webxr