Deprecated! This list will no longer be updated due to my focus shift.
A curated list of awesome watchOS frameworks, libraries, sample apps.
- Getting Started
- Library and Frameworks
- Sample Apps
- Other Awesome Lists
- Apple Watch Programming Guide - Official apple watch programming guide by Apple.
Libraries And Frameworks
- MMWormhole - A powerful toolkit for synthesizing, processing, and analyzing sounds.
IGInterfaceDataTable - A category on WKInterfaceTable that makes configuring tables with multi-dimensional data easier.
JBWatchActivityIndicator - An easy way to generate activity indicator images for Apple Watch.
YOChartImageKit - A chart image framework for watchOS.
NKWatchChart - A chart library for Apple Watch based on PNChart and ios-charts.
- Designing for Apple Watch - Official WWDC 2015 session by Apple about how to design for apple watch.
- Watch Human Interface Guidelines - Official human interface guidelines by Apple.
- 11 Tips For Designing Apps for Apple Watch - Some quick tips that will help you to build better watch apps.
- Icons for Apple Watch – The Definitive Guide - A guide to help you create your own watch app icon.
- Watch Design Resources - Official design resources provided by Apple, including Apple Watch Bezels, Guides, Templates, Typeface.
- Chart of Apple Watch Complication Types and Layouts - An useful chart of all the possible combinations of Complications.
- thinkapps for watch - A website help you create your free Apple Watch App prototype in just 10 minutes.
- RadialChartImageGenerator - A radial bar chart generator for apple watch.
- KFWatchKitAnimations - An image generator that creates beautiful 60 FPS animations for Watch by recording animations from the iOS Simulator.
Lister - An official sample app demonstrates Apple Watch integration.
WatchKit Catalog - An official sample app demonstrates how to use UI elements available in the WatchKit framework.
Cherry - A mini pomodoro timer app designed for the Watch.
Bitcoin Tracker - A bitcoin price tracking app.
WWDC - An open sourcing WWDC hit parties app.
SwiftHN - A Hacker News reader written in Swift.
BaiduFM-Swift - A apple watch app for BaiduFM.
done-swift - A sample app to demonstrate data sharing between a WatchKit app and its main app using Realm.
HighstreetWatchApp - The watchKit app built on the platform.
OnTime - An apple watch app to access the SBB timetable.
WatchNotes - An apple watch app to display notes on your wrist.
WatchPics - Instagram for the Apple Watch.
WatchKit-Apps - Tutorials app for WatchKit.
watchOS-2-Sampler - Code examples for new features of watchOS 2.
soon - A countdown app.
- WatchKit Tutorial with Swift Part 1: Getting Started
- WatchKit Tutorial with Swift Part 2: Tables and Network Requests
- WatchKit Tutorial with Swift Part 3: More Tables, Glances and Handoff
WatchOS 2 New Features
- WatchKit 2 Hardware Bits: Using the Digital Crown
- WatchKit 2 Hardware Bits: The Taptic Engine
- WatchKit 2 Hardware Bits: The Accelerometer
- The Power of Animations - A tutorial demonstrates how to animate the user interface by changing layout properties.
- Writing a WatchKit Complication in watchOS 2 - A tutorial about how to add custom Complications to your watch app.
- How to communicate between devices using Watch Connectivity - A tutorial about how to use Watch Connectivity framework to communicate between devices.
Other Awesome Lists
Other amazingly awesome lists can be found in the
- awesome-awesomeness list.
- Open Source apps list of open source ios apps
- awesome watchkit apps curated list of sample watchkit apps and tutorials.
- iOS Learning Resources Comprenehensive collection of high quality, frequently updated and well maintained iOS tutorial sites.
- awesome-ios-animation - A curated list of awesome iOS animation, including Objective-C and Swift libraries.
- awesome-ios-chart - A curated list of awesome iOS chart libraries, including Objective-C and Swift.
- awesome-gists - A list of amazing gists (iOS section).
- awesome-ios-ui - A curated list of awesome iOS UI/UX libraries.
- iOS App Development on Medium - Stories and technical tips about building apps for iOS, Apple Watch, and iPad/iPhone
Contributions welcome! Read the contribution guidelines first.
Feel free to contribute & Thank you very much!
To the extent possible under law, YenChen Lin has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.
Contribute to this list: https://github.com/yenchenlin/awesome-watchos