A curated list of resources for Composer, Packagist, Satis, Plugins, Scripts, Videos, Tutorials.
You might also like awesome-php.
Please read the contribution guidelines before contributing.
- Official Website
- Getting Started Guide and Installation Instructions
- Find Packages on Packagist
- CheatSheet - Overview of CLI commands and
- Composer Installers - Composer installers for multiple frameworks.
- You might use the following tags:
- Ask a new question
- Find questions tagged
- Documentation for Plugins - This offical documentation is good starting point, when writing a Composer plugin.
- Composer-Asset-Plugin - A npm/Bower Dependencies Manager for Composer.
- Composer-AWS - The plugin loads repository data and downloads packages from Amazon S3 (with authentication support for private repositories).
- Composer-Composition - Provides an API, for checking your environment at runtime.
- Composer-Suggest - Enables you to install a custom group of suggested packages, based on keyword patterns.
- Composer-Versions-Check - Shows outdated packages from last major versions after using the update command (showing "Latest is vX.Y.Z").
- Composer-Changelogs - Provides a summary of the updates with links to changelog/releasenote/tag. The output is ready to be pasted into the commit message when updating the composer.lock file.
- Composer-Merge-Plugin - Merges multiple
composer.jsonfiles at Composer runtime.
- Composer-Bin-Plugin - Adds support for managing dependencies for multiple packages in a single repository or isolate bin dependencies.
- Composer-Inheritance-Plugin - Opinionated version of Wikimedia composer-merge-plugin to work in pair with Bamarni composer-bin-plugin.
- Composer-MonoRepo-Plugin - The plugin helps to manage dependencies for multiple packages in a single repository.
- Composer-Patches-Plugin - Enables you to provide patches for any package from any package. When the dependency is fetched, the patch is applied on top.
- Composer-Patches - The plugin applies a patch from a local or remote file to any required package.
- Composer-Patches - Applies a patch from a local or remote file to any package that is part of a given composer project.
- Composer-Patchset - Automatically fetch, update and apply patches to any composer package with a twist - store the patchset as a composer package itself.
- Composer-Plugin-QA - Comprehensive Plugin for composer to execute PHP Quality assurance Tools.
- Composer-Cleanup-Plugin - Removes tests & documentation folders from the vendor dir.
- Composer-Cleaner - The tool removes unnecessary files and directories from the vendor directory.
- Composer-Ignore-Plugin - Enables you to remove files and folders from the vendor folder (to make a cleaner and smaller deployment to production). It's an alternative to
- Composer-Vendor-Cleaner - Plugin removes unnecessary development files and directories from
vendordirectory by glob pattern syntax.
- Composer-Skrub - The plugin helps to remove junk from Composer installations and trim build sizes.
- Drupal Vendor Hardening Composer Plugin - Removes extraneous directories from the project's vendor directory & adds .htaccess and web.config files to the root of the project's vendor directory.
- Composer-Shared-Package-Plugin - Allows you to share selected packages between your projects by creating symlinks.
- Composer-Symlinker - Enables you to load packages from different directories (instead of loading them from /vendor).
- Prestissimo - A parallel downloader using
- Composer-Curl-Plugin - The plugin uses
phpext_curlfor downloading packages.
- Composer-Custom-Directory-Installer - A composer plugin, to install different types of composer packages in custom directories outside the default composer installation path (vendor folder).
- Composer-Dependency-Analyzer - Allows you to build a dependency graph for an installed composer project.
- Graph-Composer - Provides a graph visualization for your project's
composer.jsonand its dependencies.
- PackageVersions - Provides a very quick and easy access to installed composer dependency versions.
- PackageVersions Deprecated - Is a fork of Ocramius/PackageVersions providing compatibility with Composer 1 and 2 on PHP 7+.
- Composer-Locator - Provides a means of locating the installation path for a given Composer package name.
- PackageInfo - Enables you to retrieve all package informations (like version, tag, release date, description).
- Composer-Git-Hooks - A library for easily managing git hooks in your composer config.
- Symfony-Flex - Provides recipe-based installation and configuration management for Symfony packages.
- Narrowspark-Automatic - Automates the most common tasks of applications, boost package downloads, adds a composer security audit and more.
- PHPCodeSniffer-Composer-Installer - The plugin enables you to install PHP_CodeSniffer coding standards (rulesets).
- Composer-Warmup - The plugin adds the command
warmup-opcodeto Composer, which triggers the compilation of all PHP files discovered in your project into the Opcache.
- Foxy - Composer plugin that executes npm/yarn packages installation operations, when composer package is installed or updated.
- NodeJS-Installer - Installer for NodeJS and npm.
- Node-Composer - Installer for NodeJS, npm and yarn.
- Imposter-Plugin - Wrapping all composer vendor packages inside your own namespace. Intended for WordPress plugins.
- Composer Preload - The plugin generates a
vendor/preload.phpfile to warm up the Opcache.
- PHP Inc - Automatically includes files for autoload and autoload-dev to facilitate using functions and grouped definitions within composer loaded applications.
- Composer Registry Manager - Enables you to switch between different composer repositories.
- Production-Dependencies-Guard - Prevents development packages from being added into require and getting into production environment.
- Composer-Plugin-Exclude-Files - A plugin for excluding files required by packages using the 'files' autoloading mechanism.
- Composer-Downloads-Plugin - Lightweight mechanism to download external resources (ZIP/TAR files) with only a
- Private-Composer-Installer - Install helper outsourcing sensitive keys from the package URL into environment variables.
- CycloneDX-PHP-Composer - Creates a CycloneDX "Software Bill-of-Materials" (SBOM) for the dependencies of a project. The SBOM enables dependency monitoring and risk analysis by OWASP DependencyTrack.
- Composer-Compile-Plugin - Allow PHP libraries to define simple, freeform compilation tasks. Support post-install hooks in any package.
- Composer-Link - Adds the ability to link local packages for development.
- Composer-REPL - The plugin provides the
composer replcommand, which gives you a PHP language shell (read-eval-print loop).
- Composer-Diff - Compares
composer.lockchanges and generates a Markdown report for usage in a pull request description.
- Composer SemVer Checker - Enables you identify constraint to version resolution issues, by doing a semantic version check for Packagist hosted packages.
- Composer-Yaml - This tool converts
- Studio - A workbench for developing Composer packages. Its an alternative to editing dependencies in the vendor folder or using PathRepositories to load a local clone of your dependency into your project.
- OctoLinker Browser Extension - Enables you to navigate Composer/NPM dependencies on Github.
- ComposerRequireChecker - A CLI tool to analyze dependencies and verify that no unknown imported symbols are used in the sources of a package.
- Composer-Unused - A CLI tool, which scans your code and shows unused Composer dependencies.
- Composer-Normalize - The plugin helps to keep your
composer.jsonfile(s) consistent by restructuring and sorting entries (normalizing).
- Composer-Service - Enables you to run Composer as a service on a remote server.
- Composer PreferLowest Checker - Strictly compare the specified minimum versions of your composer.json with the ones actually used by the prefer-lowest composer update command option.
- Bramus/Composer-Autocomplete - A Bash/Shell autocompletion script for Composer.
- Composer/Xdebug-Handler - Helps you to restart a CLI process without loading the xdebug extension.
- Composer Semver Range Checker - A tool to help check the satisfiable ranges of a composer constraint.
- ParameterHandler - Allows you to manage your ignored parameters when running a composer install or update.
- Tooly - Manage needed PHAR files in your project
composer.json. Every PHAR file will be saved in the composer binary directory. Optional with GPG verification for every PHAR.
- Melody - One-file composer scripts.
- Composer-Travis-Lint - Allows you to lint the Travis CI configuration file (
- Composer-Multitest - Enables you to run a Composer script against multiple, locally installed PHP versions, which are managed by PHPBrew or phpenv.
- ScriptsDev - Enables you to use a
scripts-devsection, which triggers scripts only in dev mode.
- PhantomJS-Installer - A Composer Package which installs the PhantomJS binary (Linux, Windows, Mac) into /bin of your project.
- Composer-Vendor-Cleanup - A script which removes whitelisted unnecessary files (like tests/docs etc.) from the vendor directory.
- Composer-Substitution-Plugin - A Composer plugin replacing placeholders in the
scriptssection by dynamic values.
- Packanalyst - Packanalyst is a service that lets you browse in any PHP class / interface / trait defined in Packagist.
- Dependabot - Dependabot is a dependency update service. It monitors and updates your dependencies by sending a pull-request. The service is free for public repos and personal account repos.
- A beginners guide to Composer
- A short & simple Composer tutorial
- Easy package management with Composer
- PHP Dependency Management with Composer
- Composer Primer
- PHP Composer Magento Tutorial by Alan Storm
- Creating and Using Composer Packages
- Jordi Boggiano (seldaek)
- Nils Adermann (naderman)
- Composer Stability Flags
- Composer Versioning
- The long journey of making PHP’s Composer memory-efficient and fast (toflar)
- Composer Best Practices 2018 - Nils Adermann @ scotphp18
- Composer Best Practices 2018 - Nils Adermann @ phpday 2018
- Managing dependencies is more than running "composer update" - Nils Adermann @ phpsrb17
- Composer Best Practices — Jordi Boggiano @ php[tek] 2015
- Wonderful World of Composer
- PHP Composer Quickstart
- How Composer helped shape the new way of writing PHP - Nils Adermann @ Drupal Camp Frankfurt
- Composer Package Management - Nils Adermann @ T3CON12DE
- Composer 2 - Jordi Boggiano @ Symfony UK usergroup 2020
- Lessons learned building the Composer internals - Jordi Boggiano @ CODEiD Odessa PHP Conference 2017
- Slides by Nils Adermann
- Source: https://naderman.de/slippy/src/
- PHP Reinvented - How Composer helped shape the new way of writing PHP
- Composer Update
- Dependency Management with Composer PHP Reinvented
- Managing dependencies is more than running "composer update"
- Composer Best Practices @ T3DD17
- Gain Control over your Dependencies with Private Packagist
- Composer.lock demystified
- Compoer In-Depth @ Contao Konferenz 2018
- Composer Best Practices 2018
- Developing and Deploying Magento with Composer Best Practices
- Composer Platform Config (check-platform-reqs) @ SymfonCon 2018
- Slides by Jordi Boggiano
Packagist is the PHP Package Repository.
Setup a Packagist Mirror
- Packagist Mirror - This script helps to setup a packagist mirror. It is the maintained and stable version of Packagist Crawler.
- Docker Image - This Docker image helps to create a customized packagist mirror.
- Packagist Mirror from Indonesia - Another implementation for creating a packagist mirror.
About metadata mirrors: https://packagist.org/mirrors
- North America
- Canada - packagist.org Main mirror
- South America
- Brazil - packagist.com.br
- South Africa - packagist.co.za
- https://github.com/slince/composer-registry-manager - The plugin helps you to switch between different composer repositories.
- fxpio/tug - Enables you to host a private Composer registry on AWS Serverless serving your private PHP packages, which are hosted on Github or Gitlab services.
- Private Packagist Cloud - A Composer Repository as a Service for private packages and to mirror packages from other repositories.
- Private Packagist Enterprise - On-premise self-hosted version of Private Packagist.
- Private Packagist API Client - A PHP client for the Private Packagist API. The client handles authentication, signature generation and access to all endpoints.
- repman.io & repman-io/repman - A Private PHP Package Repository Manager & Packagist Proxy.
- repman-io/composer-plugin - This plugin enables downloading via Repman by adding a distribution mirror URL for all your dependencies (without need to update the
- WordPress Packagist - Mirrors the WordPress plugin and theme directories as a Composer repository.
- Asset Packagist - Enables installation of Bower and NPM packages as native Composer packages.
- Firegento - A Composer Repository providing Magento Modules.
- Drupal Packagist - Composer repositories for Drupal 7 and 8 core, modules, and themes.
- Satis Server - This docker container provides a Satis Server and enables you to run a private, self-hosted Composer repository with support for Git, Mercurial, and Subversion, HTTP API, HTTPs support, webhook handler and scheduled builds.
- Cloudsmith - A fully managed package management SaaS with PHP/Composer support (and many others).
- Release Belt - Self–hosted Composer repository implementation to quickly integrate ZIP files of third party non–Composer releases.
- Packeton - Private self-hosted Composer repository for vendors. Fork of packagist with adding support for authorization, customer users, groups, webhooks.
- Gitlab-Composer - This is a branch/tag indexer for Gitlab repositories.
- Satisfy - Satis composer repository manager with a Web UI.
- Satis Control Panel - A simple web UI for managing your Satis Repository with optional CI integration.
- Satis Go - A web server for managing Satis configuration and hosting the generated Composer repository.
- ToranProxy (deprecated) - In addition to providing a composer repository ToranProxy acts as a proxy server for Packagist and GitHub.
To the extent possible under law, Jens A. Koch has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.
Contribute to this list: https://github.com/jakoch/awesome-composer