A curated list of delightful productivity resources.
- Tools and Apps
- 12+ Tips and Tricks to Work Faster in Microsoft Outlook - Tame your Outlook with these tips in order to get a little bit closer to the awesome Inbox Zero.
- Advanced GTD with Remember The Milk - A tutorial on how to implement GTD with Remember the Milk.
- Inbox Zero - Rigorous approach to email management aimed at keeping the inbox (almost) empty at all times.
- Lifehacker - The go-to blog for tips, tricks, and downloads for getting things done.
- Pomodoro Technique - Slice your tasks in 25 minute packages and get more done in less time.
- r/Productivity - Productivity subreddit.
- Rid Your Desktop of Clutter with This Simple Trio of Icons - A little trick that has been keeping my desktop clean for years now.
- ShortLib - Collection of hundreds of shortcuts for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- The Bullet Journal - A pen and paper method that turns a simple notebook into a highly efficient productivity tool.
- Zen Habits - Blog by Leo Babauta with topics such as simplifying life.
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World - Deep work is the ability to focus without distraction on a cognitively demanding task.
- Getting Things Done - A very simple and efficient time-management method.
- The 5 Choices - An all around productivity methodology dealing with prioritization, scheduling, technology and energy management.
Tools and Apps
- Box - Very good cloud storage solution for business customers.
- Dropbox - Simple, elegant, and versatile cloud storage solution.
- Google Drive - Cloud storage solution deeply integrated in the Google ecosystem.
- Mega - A very generous (50G from the get go) and highly secure cloud storage solution.
- Nextcloud - The self-hosted productivity platform that keeps you in control.
- OneDrive - Best cloud storage solution for Windows users.
- pCloud - A cloud storage solution with a strong focus on security.
- Evernote - Evernote can basically become your second brain and remember everything for you.
- Google Keep - A nice and simple note management system tightly integrated with Google products.
- Inkdrop - A cross-platform note taking application for Markdown lovers.
- Joplin - A note taking and to-do application with synchronization capabilities.
- Notion - An all-in-one very customizable workspace for notes, tasks, wikis and lists.
- Yana - Powerful note-taking app with nested documents, full-text search, rich-text editor, code snippet editor and more.
- OneNote - Very good note management solution, but best for Windows users.
- Preserver - Notes organizer desktop application based on Electron.
- Simplenote - Light, clean, and free. Simplenote is now available for iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, Linux, and the web.
- Standard Notes - A simple and private notes application.
- WorkFlowy - Outlining application for nested bulleted lists.
- Airtable - Mix of spreadsheet and database to help organize work.
- Amazing Marvin - Marvin incorporates principles from behavioral psychology to help beat procrastination, feel in control and finish todo list.
- Any.do - Simple interface, packed with features, currently the favorite to-do list manager at Lifehacker.
- GitHub Projects - A lesser known feature of GitHub, makes it easy to tie your project management process to your code.
- Hitask - Easy Project and Task Management for Teams.
- KanbanFlow - Kanban method task board with Pomodoro technique.
- Microsoft To Do - Microsoft cloud-based task management application based on Wunderlist technology.
- OmniFocus - A Getting Things Done based task manager for macOS and iOS.
- Paymo - Keep your team aligned and engaged. Manage tasks, create team schedules, track work time, and bill your clients from the same platform.
- Pomolectron - A pomodoro app for your menubar/tray.
- Remember the Milk - Great at managing tags for to-dos and location based tasks.
- Taskade - Simple and collaborative task lists for teams.
- Taskwarrior - An open source command line task manager. Flexible, fast, efficient, and unobtrusive.
- Timely - Automatic time tracking software. Get a flawless digital record of all project and team time, all without the hassle of manual timers and note taking.
- Timing - Automatic time and productivity tracking for Mac. Helps you stay on track with your work and ensures no billable hours get lost if you are billing hourly.
- Tinido - A beautiful and simple task management app that can also give you insights by showing your completed tasks in a contribution graph similar to the one you find on your GitHub profile.
- Todo.txt - Tired of having complicated apps to organize your tasks? Todo.txt is a technique that uses a single
.txtfile to help you get the job done.
- Todoist - Powerful and cross-platform productivity tool.
- Topydo - A powerful todo list application using the todo.txt format, positioned between todo.txt CLI and Taskwarrior.
- Trello - Kanban method task board.
- Tweek - Super Simple To Do list and Weekly Task Management.
- VivifyScrum - Agile project management app for teams that deliver. Customizable Scrum and Kanban boards.
- Emoji Log - Calm, emoji-based tracker for arbitrary things that doesn't use streaks.
- Everyday - Form new habits by doing things every day.
- Habitica - Complete your real life daily goals in a role play game (previously called HabitRPG).
- HabitBull - Premium habit tracker.
- Loop Habit Tracker - An Android app for creating and maintaining good habits.
- Waka Time - Open source plugin for knowing exactly how long you spend coding.
- AutoIt - Small tool for Windows to automate the Windows GUI, but it can also be used for other purposes.
- Awesome AutoHotKey - AutoHotKey is a free, open-source macro-creation and automation software for Windows that allows users to automate repetitive tasks.
- IFTTT - Allows you to create chains of conditional statements (called recipes) between web services in order to make the web work for you and boost your productivity.
- n8n - Open-source workflow automation for connecting web services with an option to self-host.
- Qbserve - Mac time tracking automation: freelance project tracking, timesheets, invoicing & real-time productivity feedback.
- Parabola - Drag and drop tool to build custom reports, workflows, and integrations to automate your manual processes.
- Tasker - Android application that can perform context sensitive custom tasks (e.g. automatically turn on wifi when you arrive home).
- Zapier - Automation tool that allows you to connect hundreds of web services and create automations between the processes.
- Bitwarden - A free, trusted password manager that can store, sync, and generate passwords online or through native apps.
- LastPass - A freemium password manager that stores encrypted passwords online.
- Obie.ai - AI platform that brings all knowledge and documentation into one spot.
- Obsidian.md - A knowledge base tool that works on local Markdown files. It allows you to create links between different notes.
- ShareX - Screen capture, file sharing and productivity tool.
Contribute to this list: https://github.com/jyguyomarch/awesome-productivity